History

St. Edward is a Parish of approximately 250 families. The church was built in 1914 as a mission with about 85 people in attendance. At that time the population of North Plains was about 400 people. In 1953 the Parish received their first resident pastor. As North Plains grew so did the Parish family and in 1965 a new church was erected, which is the present St. Edward Parish.